AuthorMessage
DJ Dusty
Moderators
Moderators

Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2013-05-05
Τόπος : California

PostSubject: V.A. - The Chicken Are Rockin'    05.08.15 2:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This 24 tracker is just bristling with rockin' faves like Eddie Gaines' "Be-Bop Battlin' Ball" , Tommy Lam's "Speed Limit" , Fat Daddy Holmes' chicken pickin' extravaganza "Chicken Rock" , Thomas Wayne's intense "You're The One That Done It" and more. Actually there are only a couple of duds by anyones count and scads of real gone movers like Wally Willette's "Eenie Meenie" & "Pink Elephants" , Jimmy Evans' "The Joint's Really Jumpin'" , Red Moore & the Rhythm Drifters' "Crawdad Song" , Ricky Coyne's "Short Fat Fanny" , etc. (AE) (Roots 'n' Rhythm)

1. Teenager's Party - The Rhythm Rockers 2. Short Fat Fanny - Ricky Coyne 3. Be-Bop Battlin' Ball - Eddie Gaines & The Rockin' Five 4. Sally-Jo - Jim Thaxter & The Travelers 5. The Lightning Strikes - D.J. & The Cats 6. Rock-A-Me-Baby - Jerry Cronin & The Flashes 7. You're The One That Done It - Thomas Wayne w/The DeLons 8. Cyclon - The Travelers 9. Speed Limit - Tommy Lam 10. Go Girl Go - The Country G-Js 11. I Don't Know - Gene Chriss & The Hep Cats 12. Pink Elephant - Wally Willette & His Globe Rockers 13. Teen Age Troubles - Kenneth Hunt 14. I Got Troubles - Bill Watkins 15. I'm The Wrong One - Kenneth Hunt 16. The Joint's Really Jumpin' - Jimmy Evans 17. Eenie Meenie - Wally Willette & His Globe Rockers 18. I Like To Go - Floyd Mack 19. Granny Tops 'Em At The Top - Bob Grady 20. Uncle Sam's Call - Jimmy Woodall & His Tarpins 21. Twistin' Jane - Dean Wolfe 22. Crawdad Song - Red Moore & His Rhythm Drifters 23. Woody's Rock - Jimmy Woodall & His Tarpins 24. Chicken Rock - Fat Daddy Holmes
hdnln

The Chicken Are Rockin' Vol. 2 @320

Some of the new ones to CD (I think) are Don Hart's tough luck story "Presley On Her Mind" , Ron Berry's "I'll Give You All My Love" , Don Woody's "Not I" , Harry Carter's "Jump Baby Jump" , Gene Criss & the Hep Cats' "Hep Cat Baby" and Rich Roman's pair, "Truly Truly Baby" & "Ooh, Ooh, Ooh" , all really good rockabilly. Also worth a mention is the great country bopper by the Carpenter Brothers, "Don't Cry My Little Darling" , featuring some fine high harmony. (AE) (Roots 'n' Rhythm)

1. Get Off My Back - Jay Blue 2. I'll Give You All My Love - Ron Berry & The Dreamers 3. Swamp Gal - Tommy Bell 4. Shig-A-Shag - Jimmy Crain 5. Not I - Don Woody 6. Down Baby - Tom James 7. Presley On Her Mind - Don Hart 8. Hepcat Baby - Gene Criss & The Hep Cats 9. Cool Cool Baby - Lafayette-Yarborough 10. Jump Baby Jump - Harry Carter 11. TTB - Rich Roman 12. I Flip For You Baby - Chuck Jones 13. Red Blooded American Boy - Don Woody 14. Ooh, ooh, ooh - Rich Roman 15. Found - Jimmy Stone 16. Livin' doll - Lafayette-Yarborough 17. I Got That Queen - Arnold Blevins & Calvin Spicer 18. Baby Don't Be That Way - Bobby Lawson 19. Don't Cry For Me Little Darling - The Carpenter Bros. & The Rhythm Boppers 20. Hey Baby - Tom James 21. Buzzin' - Tommy Wilson 22. Why Did You Pick On Me - Tommy Wilson 23. If You Want My Love - Bobby Lawson 24. You Ain't Not God For Me - Jimmy Lee
hdnln

Chicken Rock - Rockin' Around The Mountain @320

Excellent and intriguing collection of mostly unissued tracks (at least that's what it claims!) of rockabilly and rock' n' roll. Highlight is four cuts by Carl Perkins, supposedly from an acetate featuring him doing four Sun era songs - "Movie Magg/ Turn Around/ Put Your Cat Clothes On/ Look At The Moon". Are these Sun outtakes? Lot's of other good cuts too particularly from The Kingbeats, Jimmy Evans, Red Hadley (a great version of Piano Red's "She Knows How To Rock Me"), John Kline & Eddie Bond (his "Cotton Patch Hop" is mistitled "Patchuko Hop"). There are a couple of excellent instrumentals from The Gentry Brothers. Some nice photos in booklet but no notes - I'd love to know the story behind these sides. (FS) rootsandrhythm

1. Make It Like Rock'n'Roll - Neville Hawks & The Hawks 2. Morse Code - Neville Hawks & The Hawks 3. I Got A Baby - Neville Hawks & The Hawks 4. Swanky - The Gentry Brothers 5. I've Been A Bad Bad Boy - The Kingbeats 6. I'll Tell My Mama On You - The Kingbeats 7. I've Been A Bad Bad Boy - The Kingbeats 8. What Am I Gonna Do - Jimmy Evans 9. I Hate To Say Goodbye - Jimmy Evans 10. Pink Cadillac - Jimmy Evans 11. She Knows How To Rock Me - Red Hadley 12. She Won't Let Me Down - Curtis Little 13. Rock-A-Billy Baby - John Kline 14. Live Your Life With Care - Wayne Busby 15. Fallin' Star - Johnny Powers 16. The Bigger They Are - Johnny Powers 17. She Wears My Goin' Steady Ring - Dickey Lee 18. Rock'n'Roll Mama - Tommy Tucker w/Bill Black's Combo 19. Little More Lovin' - Tommy Tucker w/Bill Black's Combo 20. Rock'n'Roll Rhythm - Wayne McGinnis 21. Movie Magg - Carl Perkins 22. Turn Around - Carl Perkins 23. Put Your Cat Clothes On - Carl Perkins 24. Look At The Moon - Carl Perkins 25. I'm A Wise Old Cat - Thomas Mitchell 26. Swooney - The Gentry Brothers 27. Patchako Hop - Eddie Bond 28. It's Me Baby - Malcolm Yelvington 29. Rockin' Round The Mountain - The Mountain Ramblers Featuring Bobby Bare
hdnln

Back to top Go down
jeffs11375

Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2014-05-25

PostSubject: Re: V.A. - The Chicken Are Rockin'    05.08.15 6:20

Nice!! Thanks
Back to top Go down
bzh55

Ημερομηνία εγγραφής : 2014-09-16

PostSubject: Re: V.A. - The Chicken Are Rockin'    05.08.15 18:30

Make It Like Rock'n'Roll - Neville Hawks & The Hawks